1100 Milam Avenue, Apt. 340 | Houston, TX 77002
H: (713) 651-1384 | C: (713) 662-8851 | firstname.lastname@example.org
November 12, 20—
Post Office Box 1630
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Dear Human Resources Manager:
I was very excited to find your advertisement for a director of Video Engineering in last week's Gazette Telegraph. After 23 years in the Government Aerospace communications industry, I am looking for a new challenge with a small, growing company.
I can bring the following assets to your organization:
- BSEE degree and 23 years of hands-on hardware experience with communications equipment and systems. I know how it's designed, manufactured, installed, and fixed. A proven ability to troubleshoot systems in real time.
- Experience with both antenna-radiated and cable-connected equipment from baseband to microwave frequencies; satellite and ground-based segments.
- Project and functional management expertise including project scheduling and cost control.
- Strong customer orientation. My primary responsibility as Program Manager was to keep the customer happy. Satisfied customers bring future business.
- Willingness to meet the world. A good portion of my previous job was traveling to customers' facilities and making "high speed viewgraph" presentations.
- Computer literacy. Auto-CAD was the standard for my projects and my Test Engineering department. I use a similar program, Design-CAD, on my personal computer as well as Microsoft and Mac programs.
The attached resume summarizes my experience and demonstrates my successful advancement. It's time for a change now and I'd like to explore this possibility with you. If, however, you do not see a potential here, I would still like to talk with you about your industry. I'll call next week to set up a convenient meeting.