Careerlab® shares your concern over protecting individual privacy on the Internet. For that reason, it is Careerlab's intent to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. We operate the www.careerlab.com and www.cover-letters.com websites according to the following standards:
- As a general rule you can visit www.careerlab.com or www.cover-letters.com sites without having to tell us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself.
- There are locations on this website where we may need to obtain personal information, such as your name, post office address, and email address in order to respond to your requests for information or for job assistance. In those instances, Careerlab® will always seek to let you know that we are collecting personal information before we actually collect that information. For example, when accessing our sample letters section we may request various personal information in order to better assist you in finding the letter you are seeking, and to suggest other letters you might want to consider that are applicable to the same subject matter.
- Where CareerLab® requests personal information from you, you will always be given the chance to "opt out" and refuse to supply such information. Alternatively, you may always inform us that you do not wish for any personal information obtained on this site to be used as a basis for further contact with you and we will make every effort to honor your directions.
- When you place an order for any of the books or materials available on this site it is necessary to obtain your name, address, and credit card information in order to process your order. CareerLab® will always take suitable steps to protect the confidentiality of the information you choose to share with us, including the use of appropriate technology (i.e., secure server) to assure the privacy of your credit card information.
- When you supply CareerLab® with personal information we may use it to analyze traffic on this website as well as to determine which pages are most frequently accessed in order to provide more efficient navigation tools to those areas most frequently visited.
- Our site contains numerous links to other sites on the Internet. CareerLab® is not responsible for and does not continuously monitor the privacy practices or content on those sites.
- CareerLab® does collect IP addresses of the computers that log onto our site. This is done to track the number of unique "hits" the site is receiving and to obtain information about the country origin of our visitors, while at the same time protecting the anonymity of our individual users. We analyze this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site users are visiting and how long they spend there. In general, we do not link your IP addresses to anything personally identifiable to you. In those limited cases where session information is not anonymous, we always give you the opportunity to "opt out".
- Some CareerLab® web pages use "cookies". Cookies are small files that may be placed on your hard disk to help us remember who you are. Cookies are also used to tailor the information our site provides you each time you return to our site. Cookies can help us to respond directly to your individual needs thereby making your visit more enjoyable, useful and informative. Cookies do not contain personal information. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.)
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices; if you would like to stop receiving information from CareerLab; or if you would like to correct or update information provided on www.careerlab.com
, please contact CareerLab® at 8310 S Valley Highway, STE 300; Englewood, CO 80112 or +1/303-790-0505.