This simple proposal produced a $5,000 fee. Since this was a repeat client, I didn't spend a lot of time explaining or justifying the fee.
January 16, 20-
Sr. Employee Relations Administrator
Rocky Mountain Life Insurance Co.
2929 Broadway, STE 3800
Denver, CO 80202
This letter will outline our executive outplacement proposal for your Assistant Vice President. CareerLab will provide consulting advice and support products and services from now until the time the candidate is re-employed. There is no time limit on the program.
The outplacement curriculum includes everything necessary to make a successful career transition. In the beginning, we'll focus on career assessment, including written testing and in-depth discussions about "best fit."
Once a goal is defined, we'll move into the implementation (or marketing) phase. We'll draft sales materials, including a high-impact resume, and broadcast the resume to key recruiters. We'll also post the resume to more than 200 talent banks and recruiting sites on the Internet.
Once underway, we'll coach your candidate in every phase of the process, including, but not limited to such issues as:
- Where the jobs are: a detailed overview of national markets
- How to apply your experience in new directions.
- How to use the library and the Internet to make your job search easier.
- 25 world-class tactics for developing job leads and getting interviews.
- How to involve your friends and business acquaintances in the process.
- Networking: what it is and why it's important.
- Interview do's and don'ts; how to answer tough interview questions; videotaped interview training. Community resources that are FREE to job hunters.
- Online want ad letters that produce interviews.
- How to motivate yourself and keep yourself "up."
- How to evaluate several competing job offers.
- Ways to negotiate a higher salary and better compensation package.
- How to get started on the right foot in the new job.
- How to sustain your network after landing a job.
- —Plus much MORE!
The CareerLab program includes: (1) individual counseling by highly-experienced, partner-level consultants, (2) resume development and word processing, unlimited resume printing, (3) Executive-level career assessment, including a) the Campbell Interest Inventory, b) The Myers-Briggs temperament quiz, c) the 16-PF, and d) The Birkman assessment battery, (4) Bill Frank's books, The Resume Repair Kit, 200 Letters For Job Hunters, The Job Search Time Manager, (5) the 6-part CareerLab video series, "Getting HIRED: Jobhunting from A to Z," (6) secretarial support, and (7) use of CareerLab's library and resource center, including desks and telephones, and (8) financial planning to establish salary goals and objectives. Through our affiliation with Lincolnshire International, your candidate has access to 20 offices in the US, Canada, and Europe.
The fee for this program is $5,000, payable in advance.
Thank you for this opportunity, Victor. We're looking forward to getting started and to making this a big success.
With best wishes,
William S. Frank
P.S.—We have an interactive computer training center at CareerLab, and we could include some computer training classes in the program, if your candidate needs to upgrade some PC skills.