RICHARD A. POLSON
12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100 | Houston, TX 77046
C: 713-961-4030 | H: 713-961-4113 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 23, 20
Post Office Box DG-921
1233 Regal Row
Dallas, Texas 75247
Dear Hiring Manager:
Your ad for a Vice President of Operations overseas caught my attention. I've traveled extensively for the last 22 years. Recently, I spent four years in Venezuela, South America, and two years in Dubai, U.A.E. (Middle East). As a result, I adapt quickly to new environments, and I've managed many different personalities and nationalities. Here are some of my recent results:
- Opened and organized new division with responsibilities covering five states and 356 employees.
- Reduced sales force 62% while increasing market share from 14% to 23.5%.
- Turned an operation from a $100,000 annual loss into the third most profitable operation in the region in less than a year.
- Had the most profitable operation in the central region of the U.S.
- Negotiated one-year contract in Bombay, India, for the purchase of raw hydrochloric acid. The price negotiated was lower than the current level and was during a period of rising prices.
I'm 47 years old and in excellent health. I'm married and have two children (one recently graduated from college, the other a sophomore in college). I hold a BBA degree from Texas Tech University.
I'm seeking a new challenge where my innovative and management talents can be applied. Your company seems to offer such a challenge, and my credentials match your requirements. I look forward to talking with you.
Richard A. Polson